Calendar of the Modern Seniors Club and Polish Radio Experimental Studio Fans Circle 2022-23
The following is the Calendar of the Modern Seniors Club and the Polish Radio Experimental Studio Fans Circle
The project of the Polish Radio Experimental Studio Fans Circle was co-financed by the Polish-American Freedom Foundation's "UTW-Seniors in Action" program implemented by the Association of Creative Initiatives "ę".
September and October 2022. The Modern Seniors Club:
- met at the Museum on the Vistula River with the exhibition curator for the exhibition 'The Dark Arts. Aleksandra Waliszewska and Symbolism from the East and North' and viewed artworks exhibited by various galleries at the Art Fair at the Hotel Warszawa;
- went twice to the Zachęta National Art Gallery with Marcel Andino Velez, who told its members about the role the institution has played in the development and display of modern art for 120 years and explained the importance of the exhibitions: 'Anxiety Comes at Dusk', 'Mariola Przyjemska. Consumption, construction and melancholy' and 'Susan Mogul. Is this how a legend is made?";
- during the Warsaw Gallery Weekend, together with art historian Ada Kaczmarek, visited Galeria Szara, Gunia Nowik Gallery, Galeria Wschód and Olszewski Gallery;
- met at the Wola Museum for a curatorial tour of the exhibition "Białoszewski the impersonal"
- participated in a curatorial tour of the exhibition "Stefan Gierowski. A selection of works from 1957-2013 in the Foundation's care';
- in the series "Places of Art", he was shown around the Bródno Sculpture Park by Marcel Andino Velez (he took the opportunity to check the boards with descriptions of works in the design of which several members of the Club participated);
- visited the exhibition "Anish Kapoor" at the Centre of Polish Sculpture in Orońsko;
- attended the opening of the exhibition "Warsaw under Construction XIV. Fight for the Streets" at the Museum on the Vistula River;
- as part of a regular online series: "Artists and Artists Close and Familiar", he participated in a conversation between Aldona Doliszna and the artist Agata Borowa;
- several Club members took part in a visit to the studio of artist Mariola Przyjemska, organised by Aldona Doliszna;
- together with the Seniorwizacja Foundation, led by Karina Krystosiak, participated in a guided tour of the exhibition 'Krystyna Pawłowicz Studium' at the Studio Gallery (project 'Cultural Autumn');
- took part in the opening of the exhibition: 'Maja Kitajewska & Paolo Ucello. The splendour of unearthly pleasures" at the Royal Castle and the opening of an exhibition by a Club member: "Anything can happen. Jolanta Pacewicz painting and sculpture" at the Powiśle power station;
- participated in a meeting on applied arts organised at the Wolski Cultural Centre (WCK) branch "Otwarta Kolonia" by Aldona Doliszna;
- participated in the first classes of Aldona Doliszna's new series: "Time for art at last! Grażyna and Piotr Szczepańscy", organised in the "Open Colony" (the Club's cooperation with the Wolski Cultural Centre)
- took part in 4 art workshops led by Ela Holoweńko at the "Open Colony".
September and October 2022. Polish Radio Experimental Studio Fans Circle:
- increased its membership to 682
- members of the Circle organised an informal meeting at the MSN on Pańskie Street;
- articles, interviews, lectures, radio and TV programmes about the Studio - its staff and technical equipment, composers and visual artists creating music there, the history of avant-garde music in Poland and the world - were posted daily on the FB group, searched online by the administrators and members of the Circle.
November and December 2022. Modern Seniors Club:
- participated in the opening of Iza Karkoszka's exhibition 'Bestiary' at the Eastern Studio;
- in the series 'Art Places', was guided by Marcel Andino Velez through the exhibitions 'Ukraine. Under a Different Sky' and 'Konrad Dobrucki. Layers' at the Centre for Contemporary Art, Ujazdowski Castle;
- together with the Seniorwizacja Foundation, run by Karina Krystosiak, several Club members participated in a guided tour of the exhibition 'Stefan Gierowski. A selection of works from the years 1957-2013 in the care of the Foundation" (the "Cultural Autumn" project);
- took part in two meetings of the "Mapping the City" series, led by artist Paulina Pankiewicz (the Club's cooperation with the Centre for Intergenerational Activities);
- several members of the Club participated in the celebrations organised by the MSN to mark the 100th anniversary of Wojciech Fangor's birth, during which the sculpture "MSzN" was unveiled and the Wojciech Fangor Archive was opened to the public;
- together with art historian Ada Kaczmarek, visited the post-competition exhibition 'Grafiteka' at the ZPAP Gallery at 11 Mazowiecka Street, as well as exhibitions of works by Karolina Jabłońska at the Raster Gallery and 'Stanisław Fijałkowski. Paris Notebook, 1965' at the Piękna Gallery;
- participated in a guided tour by the artist Magdalena Salome of the 'Botanica Exhibition - Guided author tour' at the Abakus Gallery in the Capital Centre for Cultural Education;
- was guided by a gallery employee through the exhibition 'Teresa Tyszkiewicz ASERET' at the Profile Foundation;
- Karina Krystosiak invited the Club to the last meeting in the series "Cultural Autumn with the Senior Vision Foundation", which was a viewing of the exhibition "Fangor. Multidimensional" exhibition at the Centre for Contemporary Art Ujazdowski Castle;
- participated in 2 classes of Aldona Doliszna's series: 'Time for art at last! Grażyna and Piotr Szczepańscy" and "Time for Art at Last! We are all artists" at the Wolski Cultural Centre's branch "Otwarta Kolonia";
- was shown around 'Warszawa w Budowie 14. Walka o ulice' at the Museum on the Vistula River by the curator of the exhibition, Tomek Fudala;
- was interviewed by Aldona Doliszna with artist Patryk Różycki at an online meeting in the series 'Artists Close and Familiar'
- was guided by Paweł Brylski through the exhibition 'Zbiok CZAJKOWSKI. How do you feel? in the Grey Gallery and by gallery worker Gunia Nowik after the exhibition 'Daniel Rycharski. Dead Class';
- participated in the Club's Christmas Eve meeting combined with a lecture by Marcel Andino Velez on the history of the founding and programme activities of the Museum of Modern Art (the 'Places of Art' series);
- took part in 4 art workshops led by Ela Holoweńko at a branch of the Wolski Cultural Centre, Otwarta Kolonia;
- several members of the Club watched the performance of the band "Viva el Cajon" in which a member of the Club, Zdzisław Rudzki, plays (Bar Złoty Osioł).
November and December 2022. Polish Radio Experimental Studio Fans Circle:
- increased its membership to 707;
- more members of the Circle visited the construction of the new MSN building on Pl. Defilad;
- several participants of the 'Archive of Oral Histories of Modernity' workshop conducted interviews with former employees and collaborators of the Polish Radio Experimental Studio;
- articles, interviews, lectures, radio and TV programmes about the Studio - its staff and technical equipment, composers and visual artists creating music there, the history of avant-garde music in Poland and abroad - were posted daily on the FB group by the administrators and members of the Circle.
January and February 2023. Modern Seniors Club:
- was guided by curator Wojciech Glowacki through the exhibition 'Solstice. Paintings of the North 1890-1910' at the National Museum in Warsaw;
- met with Jadwiga Sawicka and her students at the exhibition 'What now? What Next? Exhibition in Process' at the Warsaw Cultural Observatory;
- saw the exhibitions "Some people are like hills" at the Spectra Art Space, "Oblicza rysunku" at the Academy Salon Gallery at the Academy of Fine Arts Graphics Faculty and "Powstanie styczniowe. Road to Independence' at the Kordegarda Gallery by art historian Ada Kaczmarek;
- viewed the art collection at the Hotel Europejski in small groups;
- as part of the Places of Art series run by Marcel Andino Velez, saw the exhibition 'Anka Ptaszkowska. By chance' at the Museum on the Vistula River and once again visited the Avant-garde Institute;
- he attended an exhibition of photographs and computer graphics by Club member Elżbieta Zawadzka at the Reading Room under the Owls and the opening of a group exhibition entitled "In Time and Space", where the works of Club members Jolanta Pacewicz and Elżbieta Zawadzka were also on display;
- the artist Koji Kamoji met with members of the Club at Galeria MONOPOL at the exhibition KOJI KAMOJI JACEK SEMPOLIŃSKI - MARTWA NATURA;
- in her author series Time for Art at Last! Aldona Doliszna met the artist Paulina Pankiewicz and the writer, illustrator, musician and educator Witold Vargas at the Open Colony;
- Club members belonging to the Visual Arts Group held 4 workshops at the Open Colony with Club member artist Ela Holoweńko leading the visual arts classes;
- 4 art workshops were also held as part of Mapping the City with artist Paulina Pankiewicz at the Local Activity Centre.
January and February 2023. Polish Radio Experimental Studio Fans Circle:
- members of the Circle met Boleslaw Blaszczyk and Michal Mendyk at the 3rd Convention;
- further members of the Circle visited the construction of the new MSN building on Defilad Square;
- in the series Oral Histories of SEPR, 2 interviews with former employees and collaborators of the Polish Radio Experimental Studio were recorded;
- articles, interviews, lectures, radio and TV programmes on the Studio - its staff and technical equipment, composers and visual artists creating music there, the history of avant-garde music in Poland and abroad - were posted daily on the FB group.
March, April, May and June 2023. The Modern Seniors' Club:
- Participated in curatorial tours of the exhibitions "Submerged with bare feet in warm water" at the Visiting Gallery, "Kim Lee. Queen of Warsaw" at the Wola Museum, "Bruno Schulz. The Iron Capital of the Spirit' at the Adam Mickiewicz Museum of Literature, 'Leon Tarasewicz' at the Monopol Gallery and 'Józef Czapski. Works on Paper from Grzegorz Przewłocki's Collection' at the aTAK Gallery
and Magda Lipska's guided tour of the exhibition 'Without Master, Without Master. The Moving Image and Feminist Creation of Worlds' combined with film viewing at the Museum on the Vistula River
- at meetings in the SPACE OF ART series led by Marcel Andino Velez, viewed the exhibitions: "Warsaw Women Painters. Sketches from the Art Called Naive' at the State Ethnographic Museum, 'Jan Cybis. Aging above all novelty. 50 years of the Jan Cybis Award" at the Artists' House Gallery and "(Un)obligatory teaching of Capism" at the Czapski Palace Academy of Fine Arts, a collection of neon signs at the Neon Museum in Warsaw's SOHO and public sculptures created during the Biennial of Sculpture in Metal, now on show at the Sculpture Square in Wola;
- the Club's art group met for 8 workshops led by Ela Holoweńko and met at the Open Colony with the other members of the Club and the audience of the Wolski Cultural Centre and the Museum of Modern Art at the vernissage of the exhibition they had organised, "Life takes a few claw marks on sand";
- the seniors from the Club and the Centre for Intergenerational Activities took part in the 8th workshop of the MAPPING THE CITY project run by artist Paulina Pankiewicz. The classes and the vernissage of the exhibition took place at the Centre for Intergenerational Activity on Aleja Armii Ludowej;
- in her original series TIME FOR ART NOW! Club member Aldona Doliszna met artists Maria Ewa Andryszczak, Prof. Ewa Osińska-Rozpędek and Ela Holoweńko at the Open Colony. During the ZOOM MEETINGS WITH ARTISTS AND ARTISTS (continuation of the series ARTS AND ARTISTS BLISSED AND KNOWN), she talked to painter Martyna Czech, graphic artists Prof. Agnieszka Cieślińska-Kawecka, Karolina Zimna-Stelmaszewska and Kimba Frances Kerner, painter Ryszard Grzyb and photographer Witek Orski;
- during a meeting of Club members and seniors from Wola at the Open Colony, the photographer and fabric collector from Uzbekistan, Igor Strojecki, talked about the beautiful fabrics - art works displayed in the gallery space;
- Club members took part in several guided tours of the art collection at the European Hotel;
- several seniors from the Club reminisced about old times during a sentimental walk around the Palace of Culture and Science;
- with art historian Adrianna Kaczmarek, the Club viewed the exhibitions "We were preoccupied with caring for remains" at the Dzielna Foundation, "Temporarily Embarrassed Moonwalkers" at the HOS Gallery, Janek Możdżinski's "The Greatest Freaks vol. 1" and "Tender Debauchery / Tender Debauchery" at Lokal_30 Gallery, "Hannah Sophie Dunkelberg: Pale Pleasures" at Gunia Nowik Gallery, paintings by Sasha Baszynski, Jan Kowal and Honorata Martin at Galeria Szara and "Martyna Pinkowska. Gold' at the Monopol Gallery;
- participated in the opening of the exhibitions: Ewa Ciepielewska Martyna Czech's 'Year of the Water Rabbit' at BWA Warsaw and 'Without master, without master. Moving Image and Feminist Creation of Worlds" at the Museum on the Vistula River;
- took part in events organised by the MSN and TPMSN: a meeting with Anka Ptaszkowska, author of the book "Dom w Zalesiu - i jego pobocza", the 18th birthday of the MSN at PL. Defilad, the premiere of the book "GROUP", a meeting with Andrzej Turowski, author of the book "Radical Eye. On Witkacy, Kobro Strzemiński, Themersons, Żarnowerówna and other creators of art that arouses anxiety';
- toured the nooks and crannies of the Teatr Powszechny;
- took part in the opening of the batik exhibition "Nothing Twice - Nothing 2x" by Club member Aldona Doliszny at the Open Colony in Wola and was given a guided tour of an exhibition of works by Club member Alicja Masłowska at the Municipal Public Library in Targówek and met painter Maria Kiesner at her exhibition "Polyhedrons" at Galeria Bacalarte;
- OW SARP Plenary Circle and Club member Ryszarda Lucja Jagielska invited the Club to the opening of the exhibition of paintings, prints and artistic textiles of architects "Spring Salon 2023";
- several members of the Club watched the performance SENIORWIZACJA PLAYS A STRUGGLE OF AWARENESS featuring Club members Izabela Hejne-Krystosiak and Marek Krystosiak and their daughter, the President of the SENIORWIZACJA Foundation, Karina Krystosiak;
- Club member Prof. Dr. Adam Szewczyk of the Marian Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology invited the Club to an online scientific and artistic symposium inaugurating the 5th Art & Science project "Art of Apoptosis";
- members of the Club organised and participated in a field game POZNAWANIE RZEŹB W PARKU RZEŹBY NA BRÓDNIE prepared as part of the Warsaw Intergenerational Week and took part in the Kupala Night Activities with Fire, Music and Dance in the Bródno Sculpture Park organised by Paweł Althamer and MSN;
- Club members viewed new video works by multimedia artist Ania Tomaszewska and participated in a conversation led by artist Franciszek Orłowski with the artist;
- The Club met at the Partnership House in Jazdów to visit Jazdów and, over a jointly prepared meal, to take stock of the last 10 months of the Club's activities and to reflect on the directions of its development in the future.
January and February 2023. Polish Radio Experimental Studio Fans Circle:
- toured the construction of the new MSN building;
- organised a performance concert at the MSN on Pańska Street entitled MUSICAL DINNER by Croatian musician and painter Niko Raic;
- members of the Circle, who were trained to do interviews in the series Oral Histories, interviewed more people who worked in the Experimental Studio of the Polish Radio;
- members of the Circle posted and commented on the Circle's FB group.