Calendar of the Modern Seniors Club and Polish Radio Experimental Studio Fans Circle 2022-23
The following is the Calendar of the Modern Seniors Club and the Polish Radio Experimental Studio Fans Circle
The project of the Polish Radio Experimental Studio Fans Circle was co-financed by the Polish-American Freedom Foundation's "UTW-Seniors in Action" program implemented by the Association of Creative Initiatives "ę".
September and October 2022. The Modern Seniors Club:
- met at the Museum on the Vistula River with the exhibition curator for the exhibition 'The Dark Arts. Aleksandra Waliszewska and Symbolism from the East and North' and viewed artworks exhibited by various galleries at the Art Fair at the Hotel Warszawa;
- went twice to the Zachęta National Art Gallery with Marcel Andino Velez, who told its members about the role the institution has played in the development and display of modern art for 120 years and explained the importance of the exhibitions: 'Anxiety Comes at Dusk', 'Mariola Przyjemska. Consumption, construction and melancholy' and 'Susan Mogul. Is this how a legend is made?";
- during the Warsaw Gallery Weekend, together with art historian Ada Kaczmarek, visited Galeria Szara, Gunia Nowik Gallery, Galeria Wschód and Olszewski Gallery;
- met at the Wola Museum for a curatorial tour of the exhibition "Białoszewski the impersonal"
- participated in a curatorial tour of the exhibition "Stefan Gierowski. A selection of works from 1957-2013 in the Foundation's care';
- in the series "Places of Art", he was shown around the Bródno Sculpture Park by Marcel Andino Velez (he took the opportunity to check the boards with descriptions of works in the design of which several members of the Club participated);
- visited the exhibition "Anish Kapoor" at the Centre of Polish Sculpture in Orońsko;
- attended the opening of the exhibition "Warsaw under Construction XIV. Fight for the Streets" at the Museum on the Vistula River;
- as part of a regular online series: "Artists and Artists Close and Familiar", he participated in a conversation between Aldona Doliszna and the artist Agata Borowa;
- several Club members took part in a visit to the studio of artist Mariola Przyjemska, organised by Aldona Doliszna;
- together with the Seniorwizacja Foundation, led by Karina Krystosiak, participated in a guided tour of the exhibition 'Krystyna Pawłowicz Studium' at the Studio Gallery (project 'Cultural Autumn');
- took part in the opening of the exhibition: 'Maja Kitajewska & Paolo Ucello. The splendour of unearthly pleasures" at the Royal Castle and the opening of an exhibition by a Club member: "Anything can happen. Jolanta Pacewicz painting and sculpture" at the Powiśle power station;
- participated in a meeting on applied arts organised at the Wolski Cultural Centre (WCK) branch "Otwarta Kolonia" by Aldona Doliszna;
- participated in the first classes of Aldona Doliszna's new series: "Time for art at last! Grażyna and Piotr Szczepańscy", organised in the "Open Colony" (the Club's cooperation with the Wolski Cultural Centre)
- took part in 4 art workshops led by Ela Holoweńko at the "Open Colony".
September and October 2022. Polish Radio Experimental Studio Fans Circle:
- increased its membership to 682
- members of the Circle organised an informal meeting at the MSN on Pańskie Street;
- articles, interviews, lectures, radio and TV programmes about the Studio - its staff and technical equipment, composers and visual artists creating music there, the history of avant-garde music in Poland and the world - were posted daily on the FB group, searched online by the administrators and members of the Circle.
November and December 2022. Modern Seniors Club:
- participated in the opening of Iza Karkoszka's exhibition 'Bestiary' at the Eastern Studio;
- in the series 'Art Places', was guided by Marcel Andino Velez through the exhibitions 'Ukraine. Under a Different Sky' and 'Konrad Dobrucki. Layers' at the Centre for Contemporary Art, Ujazdowski Castle;
- together with the Seniorwizacja Foundation, run by Karina Krystosiak, several Club members participated in a guided tour of the exhibition 'Stefan Gierowski. A selection of works from the years 1957-2013 in the care of the Foundation" (the "Cultural Autumn" project);
- took part in two meetings of the "Mapping the City" series, led by artist Paulina Pankiewicz (the Club's cooperation with the Centre for Intergenerational Activities);
- several members of the Club participated in the celebrations organised by the MSN to mark the 100th anniversary of Wojciech Fangor's birth, during which the sculpture "MSzN" was unveiled and the Wojciech Fangor Archive was opened to the public;
- together with art historian Ada Kaczmarek, visited the post-competition exhibition 'Grafiteka' at the ZPAP Gallery at 11 Mazowiecka Street, as well as exhibitions of works by Karolina Jabłońska at the Raster Gallery and 'Stanisław Fijałkowski. Paris Notebook, 1965' at the Piękna Gallery;
- participated in a guided tour by the artist Magdalena Salome of the 'Botanica Exhibition - Guided author tour' at the Abakus Gallery in the Capital Centre for Cultural Education;
- was guided by a gallery employee through the exhibition 'Teresa Tyszkiewicz ASERET' at the Profile Foundation;
- Karina Krystosiak invited the Club to the last meeting in the series "Cultural Autumn with the Senior Vision Foundation", which was a viewing of the exhibition "Fangor. Multidimensional" exhibition at the Centre for Contemporary Art Ujazdowski Castle;
- participated in 2 classes of Aldona Doliszna's series: 'Time for art at last! Grażyna and Piotr Szczepańscy" and "Time for Art at Last! We are all artists" at the Wolski Cultural Centre's branch "Otwarta Kolonia";
- was shown around 'Warszawa w Budowie 14. Walka o ulice' at the Museum on the Vistula River by the curator of the exhibition, Tomek Fudala;
- was interviewed by Aldona Doliszna with artist Patryk Różycki at an online meeting in the series 'Artists Close and Familiar'
- was guided by Paweł Brylski through the exhibition 'Zbiok CZAJKOWSKI. How do you feel? in the Grey Gallery and by gallery worker Gunia Nowik after the exhibition 'Daniel Rycharski. Dead Class';
- participated in the Club's Christmas Eve meeting combined with a lecture by Marcel Andino Velez on the history of the founding and programme activities of the Museum of Modern Art (the 'Places of Art' series);
- took part in 4 art workshops led by Ela Holoweńko at a branch of the Wolski Cultural Centre, Otwarta Kolonia;
- several members of the Club watched the performance of the band "Viva el Cajon" in which a member of the Club, Zdzisław Rudzki, plays (Bar Złoty Osioł).
November and December 2022. Polish Radio Experimental Studio Fans Circle:
- increased its membership to 707
- more members of the Circle visited the construction of the new MSN building on Pl. Defilad;
- several participants of the 'Archive of Oral Histories of Modernity' workshop conducted interviews with former employees and collaborators of the Polish Radio Experimental Studio;
- articles, interviews, lectures, radio and TV programmes about the Studio - its staff and technical equipment, composers and visual artists creating music there, the history of avant-garde music in Poland and abroad - were posted daily on the FB group by the administrators and members of the Circle.