How can you offer support? Help with the Museum
Here are some tried and trusted ideas for helping organized by initiatives associated with the Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw:
1. Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw in solidarity with Ukraine!
Support our aid centre.
Since Russia's invasion of Ukraine on February 24, 2022 the number of war refugees in Poland has exceeded two million. The Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw has established a charity programme. The museum headquarters at Pańska 3 have been transformed into a safe space for refugees, providing meals and beverages, psychological support, workshops for children and adults.
The aid center in the museum has been created in a collaboration with the artistic collective Blyzkist, which consists of Ukrainian and Belarusian artists and activists.
Initially, the collective delivered thousands of sandwiches, hot meals and hygiene products to refugee centers, night shelters and information points at Warsaw train stations every day. Currently the activities evolve into workshops, educational and artistic initiatives with and by refugee women and refugees.
Donations can be made to the account of the Society of Friends of the Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw.
Beneficiary: Towarzystwo Przyjaciół Muzeum Sztuki Nowoczesnej w Warszawie
Beneficiary's address: Pańska 3, 00-124 Warszawa, Poland
Account in PLN - IBAN: PL61 1140 2004 0000 3002 8222 4063
Account in EUR - IBAN: PL62 1140 2004 0000 3012 0763 6055
Bank name: mBank S.A. Formerly BRE BANK S.A. (RETAIL BANKING) LODZ, Bank's address: PO BOX 2108, 90-959 Lodz 2, Poland
Sort code: 11402004
2. The Ukrainian Museum Relief Committee is seeking sponsors and logistical partners. The goals of the committee include "support of all museums and cultural institutions in Ukraine in securing collections, the most valuable memorabilia and monuments of Ukrainian culture; support in documentation, digitization and inventory of collections" or "donation of materials needed to secure and hide collections" and "collection of documentation proving looting and destruction of Ukrainian cultural property." More information about the initiative and how to contact them HERE.
3. The Refugees Welcome Charity Auction will take place on May 15. Together with the Ocalenie Foundation and the Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw, we are currently preparing the pre-auction exhibition (April 8 - May 15, 2022) and the auction itself (May 15, 2022). More information HERE.
4. The Ocalenie Foundation's donation page "Help the people of Ukraine" is constantly open. Donate HERE.
Support by deed:
1. Join the collection of medicines and dressings at the Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw. The list of needed items can be found HERE.
- where? 3 Pańska St., 00-124, Warsaw
- When? Monday-Friday 9:00-17:00 (outside office hours items can be left at the security desk)
The collection is carried out for Małgosia Braunek's Foundation "Bądź" [eng. "Be"].
2. Follow and support the activities of the Ocalenie Foundation, with whom we have been working for many years on "Refugees Welcome" charity art auctions. News from the Foundation along with opportunities to help can be found HERE and HERE. The website of Refugees Welcome, a program that connects refugees with Warsaw-based people who want to share their home with them, is HERE.
3. Sign the "No More War" petition of the L'internationale confederation of museums. You can sign HERE.
graphic design: Studio Lekko